UPDATE: Alsaleh released from Nashville hospital

Published: Apr. 13, 2016 at 1:00 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

UPDATE: 4/22/16 - Skyline Medical Center says Nawaf Alsaleh was treated and released from their facility.


UPDATE: 3:02 p.m., 4/19/2016

Nawaf Alsaleh has been upgraded from serious to good condition in the hospital.

Skyline Medical Center in Nashville confirmed that Alsaleh was still at their facility Tuesday.

Police say Higbee punched Alsaleh outside of Tidball's bar on April 10 knocking him unconscious.

The NFL prospect is charged with assault, fleeing or evading police, and alcoholic intoxication.

Higbee is scheduled to make his first court appearance in Warren County May 5th.

The NFL draft runs from April 28th to the 30th.


Nawaf Alsaleh, the alleged victim in an altercation with former Western Kentucky tight end Tyler Higbee, is still a patient at the TriStar Skyline Medical Center in Nashville, WBKO confirmed Wednesday.

A spokesman for the Medical Center was not permitted to release details of Alsaleh's medical condition.

According to a citation report filed by police Sunday, Alsaleh, 24, was found unconscious and bleeding from the mouth outside of Tidball’s bar around 2 a.m. Sunday. He was taken to the Medical Center in Bowling Green where tests determined he had a concussion as well as a hemorrhage in his brain or brain bleed.

Alsaleh, listed as a student in WKU’s online directory, was then transported to TriStar where, as of Monday morning, he was sedated and unresponsive with stable vital signs.

WBKO has also obtained the citation report for Mollie Pajakowski, Higbee’s girlfriend, who was charged with a first and second offense of alcohol intoxication in a public place at 2 a.m. Sunday.

According to the report, Pajakowski, 23, fled on foot with the subject in question through the Mellow Mushroom restaurant parking and to the First Christian Church on State St. While the officer attempted to detain the subject (Higbee), Pajakowski grabbed the officer’s arm and, “told me not to arrest him.”

Pajakowski had slurred speech, red, bloodshot eyes, smelled strongly of alcohol and was very unsteady on her feet.

Higbee was arrested Sunday and charged with second degree assault, public intoxication in a public place and second degree fleeing or evading police. Brian Lowder, attorney for Higbee, told WBKO on Monday that Higbee plans to plead not guilty to the charges of assault and fleeing or evading police at a May 5 court appearance.

A 6-foot-5, 250-pound tight end, Higbee, 23, is considered one of the top prospects at his position going into the NFL Draft on April 28-30.

— Follow WBKO sportswriter Chad Bishop on Twitter @MrChadBishop