Barren River District Health Department reports 1,488 cases of COVID-19, 631 have recovered
The Barren River District Health Department has confirmed 1,488 cases of COVID-19, 631 of which have recovered. The district has 30 deaths reported from COVID-19.
Here is a county by county look:
has 37 cases, 20 recovered, and 1 death.
has 219 cases, 67 recovered, and 8 deaths.
has 60 cases, 14 recovered, and 9 deaths.
has 25 cases and 9 recovered.
has 129 cases, 31 recovered, and 3 deaths.
has 5 cases and 2 recovered.
has 50 cases, 33 recovered, and 3 deaths.
has 963 cases, 455 recovered, and 6 deaths.
In order to slow the spread of COVID-19, the health department says we must continue to follow recommendations provided by the CDC, the state, and Governor Andy Beshear. Practicing social distancing is the most important method for staying healthy. They urge Barren River residents to stay at home and leave only for essential items such as groceries and medications. When possible, choose online ordering, delivery, and curbside pickup services to obtain these items.
Here are 10 steps to fight COVID-19 from Governor Andy Beshear:
- Stay healthy at home. Leave only for essential items such as groceries once a week.
- Avoid crowds and gatherings. Avoid crowds of any size, including home visits, recreational areas, or crowded shopping locations.
- Practice social distancing. Maintain six feet between yourself and others at all times.
- Know when to seek care. Follow the “When to Seek Care” guidelines available at
- Stay up-to-date through reliable resources such as
- Wash hands and surfaces frequently. Use warm water and soap and wash hands for at least 20 seconds. Disinfect regularly used surfaces multiple times a day.
- Apply for benefits. Kentucky has expanded unemployment benefits. If you have not applied, visit
- Prioritize mental health. Seek out virtual social opportunities and maintain a daily routine.
- Only travel for essential items. Avoid carpooling and public transit. The safest place for you and others is at home.
- Report non-compliance. If you see individuals or businesses not complying with COVID-19 guidelines, report to the KYSAFER hotline at
or online at
For questions about COVID-19, call Kentucky’s COVID-19 Hotline at
BRDHD’s COVID-19 Information Line at
To report non-compliance, call Kentucky’s Non-Compliance Reporting Hotline at
report online at
or call BRDHD’s COVID-19 Information Line at