Western Kentucky will face Oregon State at 11 a.m. CST Friday in Knoxville, Tenn., in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, a game televised by ESPNU.
The Lady Toppers (24-8) won their second straight Conference USA championship by beating Alabama Birmingham 72-57 on Saturday at Frisco, Texas. Friday's appearance for WKU will be the program's fourth in the past years.
Oregon State and Western have met once before, an 85-78 WKU win in the 1995 NCAA Tournament at E.A. Diddle Arena.
The Beavers (23-7) went 14-4 in the Pacific 12 Conference, losing to Arizona State in the first round of the Pac-12 tournament.
• WKU has now won 13 conference championship in program history.
• Michelle Clark-Heard had four league tournament titles at WKU, second only to Paul Sanderford.
• The Lady Toppers are 7-0 in neutral-site games this season.
• Western Kentucky will be playing this week in its 20th NCAA Tournament in program history and is 17-19 in tourney games. It has also lost six straight in those contests.
• Senior guard Tashia Brown has scored 725 points this season, the fourth-most in a single WKU campaign. Crystal Kelly is first with 770.
• Brown has 2,056 career points, 206 short of Lillie Mason for second on WKU's all-time list.
— Follow WBKO sportswriter Chad Bishop on Twitter @MrChadBishop