1 pound fresh asparagus
1 ½ tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar or artificial sweetner
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions1. Snap off and discard the root ends of the asparagus.
2. Wash remaining stalks thoroughly.
3. Slice stalks into 1 ½ inch lengths on the diagonal.
4. Blanch asparagus for 1-3 minutes on boiling water, until color is bright green.
5. Cool immediately under cold water and drain.
6. Combine soy sauce, sugar, olive oil, and sesame seeds in a small glass bowl. Mix dressinng until sugar is dissolved.
7. In a gallon zip-seal bag, add asparagus and dressing. Turn bag to coat asparagus with dressing and chill in refrigerator for 15 minutes. Turn bag again and chill for another 15 minutes before serving.
.5g saturated fat
YIELD: 4, ½ cup servings