Water 1 QT
Beef Base 2 oz
Black Pepper ¼ tsp
Garlic Salt ¼ tsp
Salt ¼ tsp
Diced Onions ½ lb
Roasted Green Chiles 1 QT
Water 1/2 cup
Cornstarch 2 oz
Directions1. In a large sauce pot, make beef stock by dissolving all beef base in water. Place stock over medium to high flame.
2. Add the dry spices and diced onions to the stock and bring mixture to simmer. Allow to simmer long enough for onions to soften, approximately 12 minutes. Onions may be slightly crunchy in center.
3. After onions have softened, add green chiles. This will bring temperature down, bring stock back to simmer, stirring with slotted spoon.
4. In a bowl, combine indicated amount of water and corn starch and whisk until smooth and all cornstarch is dissolved.
5. Add the cornstarch mixture to the hot and simmering stock. Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture with slotted spoon.
6. After adding cornstarch mixture, allow sauce to continue to simmer an additional 8-10 minutes; stirring occasionally. The sauce will be gaining more body at this time.