Roux Recipe for Green Chile Sauce
Butter 6 TBS.
Flour 8 TBS.
1. Melt butter in a small sauce pan
2. Slowly sprinkle flour into butter, while continuing to whisk
3. When flour is fully incorporated and roux is smooth, reduce to
a low flame and stir frequently to avoid scorching
4. Cook roux for approximately 20 minutes or long enough to develop
a dark, rich color, equal to the color of peanut butter
5. Remove from heat and keep warm
Green Chile Sauce
Butter 1 TBS.
Sweet Onions, diced 1/2 Cup
Chicken Stock 1 Qt
Ancho Chile Powder 1 1/2 TBS.
Ground Cumin 2 tsp
Cayenne Pepper 1 tsp
Roux (from above)
Roasted green chiles, with juice 2 LBS
Hunts Tomatoes, petite diced 1 can (14.5 oz)
1. Melt butter in heavy bottom sauce pan. Add onions and sauté until lightly brown
2. Add chicken stock and spices. Bring to a light boil then reduce to light simmer
3. When sauce is at a light simmer, slowly add roux, whisking to blend roux
4. Simmer for 15 minutes. Sauce will continue to thicken
5. Add the Roasted green chiles and tomatoes and simmer for 15 minutes
6. Top your favorite enchilada or burrito, or use as a dipping sauce
7. Have fun and enjoy!!!!!
*Feel free to adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding a little chicken stock to thin it down or making additional roux to thicken it up.
DirectionsELVIS FRIED CHICKEN
4-6oz chicken breasts, not marinated 4
Plain potato chips 1 large bag
Buttermilk 2 cups
Cheddar/Monterey Jack Cheese mixture 1 1/2cup grated
1. Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound thin with a mallet or pot
2. Heat oil on medium in large frying pan
3. Crush bag of potato chips
4. Coat each breast in buttermilk and roll in potato chips until completely coated. May need to apply hand pressure to ensure chicken is fully covered
5. Place chicken breasts in frying pan and cook until chicken is fully white inside. Chips will appear golden brown. (Can also cook in 350 degree fryer)
6. Once cooked, set chicken on paper plates/paper towels to drain for one minute
7. Top chicken with Salsa Facil, cheese and serve with rice and refried beans
JUST LIKE THE KING WOULD WANT!