Kickin Chipotle Seasoning 3 Tablespoons
Chicken, tenders or breasts, boneless, skinless 12 ounces
Corn cobs, fresh, cleaned and trimmed 2 each
Olive oil blend 1 teaspoon
Corn tortillas, 6 inch 6 each
Olive oil blend (for frying) 4 ounces
Kale, chopped 6 cups
Romaine, chopped 6 cups
Pepper, red, julienne 1 ½ cups
Pepper, orange or yellow, julienne 3/4 cup
Tomatoes, grape, halved vertically 1 ½ cups
Cheese, Mexican blend, shredded 3 ounces
Kickin Chipotle Seasoning (makes 3 T)
Chipotle chili powder – ½ tsp
Garlic powder – 1 tsp
Onion powder – 1 tsp
Oregano, flakes – ½ tsp
Paprika – 2 tsp
Cumin – 1 ½ tsp
Cinnamon, ground – 1/8 tsp
Cloves, ground – 1/8 tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Pepper, black – ½ tsp
Chipotle Ranch Dressing (Approximately 1 c)
Chipotle pepper, small, chopped (from canned adobo sauce) - 1
Cilantro, fresh, chiffonade – 3 Tbsp
Mayonnaise, reduced fat – ½ c
Buttermilk – ½ c
Adobo sauce – 1 Tbsp
Lime juice – 3 Tbsp
Cumin – ½ tsp
Garlic powder – ½ tsp
Oregano, dried, flaked – ¼ tsp
Salt – ½ tsp
Directions1. Prepare Kickin Chipotle Seasoning according to recipe. Set aside. Note: May be prepared in advance and stored at room temperature for future use.
2. Prepare Chipotle Ranch salad dressing according to recipe. Store at 41° until ready to use.
3. Trim tendon if using chicken tenders. Using a dredger, evenly sprinkle chicken pieces with Kickin Chipolte Seasoning (reserve ½ tablespoon for tortilla strips). Store at 41°F until ready to use.
4. Lightly coat corn cobs with olive oil blend. Place on sheet pan and roast in 350° F oven until lightly browned.
5. Using a chef’s knife, remove kernels from cob. Set aside until ready to use.
6. Cut corn tortillas in half, then cut into ½ inch strips.
7. Heat sauté pan. Add olive oil blend. Add corn tortilla strips and pan fry until golden brown (about 1 minute). Place on paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Set aside until ready to use.
8. Rinse kale and romaine under running water. Drain well (may use salad spinner).
9. Chop kale and romaine into 1 inch pieces. Combine greens and store at 41°F until ready to use.
10. Rinse peppers and grape tomatoes under running water.
11. Prepare peppers into julienne strips.
12. Cut grape tomatoes in half vertically.
13. Grill or sauté chicken until an internal temperature of 165° is reached.
1. Place 2 cups of leafy greens on plate. Top with ¼ c tomatoes, ¼ c red peppers, 1/8 c roasted corn,1/2 oz shredded cheese, and 1 oz tortilla strips.
2. Slice chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and place on salad. Garnish with julienne strips of yellow or orange peppers.
3. Serve with 1 to 1 ½ ounces of Chipotle Ranch salad dressing.