The Western Kentucky football program has 21 verbal commitments toward the 2018 signing class.
Here's a look at how their senior seasons are going:
• Gino Appleberry, Westlake High School, Atlanta — Playing running back for the 7-3 Lions, WHS hosts Marietta in the first round of the state playoffs this week. Appleberry scored a 7-yard TD in a win over Campbell last week, a touchdown set up by his own 35-yard punt return.
• Devin Bell, Goshen High School, Goshen, Ala. — Playing defensive end for the 9-1 Golden Eagles, GHS hosts Southern Choctaw in the first round of the state playoffs. Bell had an 83-yard fumble return for a TD last week to help Goshen win a region championship.
• Shannon Bishop Jr., Pleasure Ridge Park High School — Had 13 receptions for 307 yards and four touchdowns, a 87-yard kickoff return for a touchdown and also has an interception through four games. The Panthers are 7-4 and play at St. Xavier in the second round of the state playoffs this week. Bishop had a 73-yard interception return for a touchdown and a 50-yard TD reception in an opening-round win over Cooper last week.
• Arthur Brathwaite, Central High School, Miami, Fla. — Playing defensive back for the 8-2 Rockets, CHS plays at Palm Beach Heritage this week in the state playoffs.
• Gunner Britton, Conway High School, Conway, S.C. — Playing offensive line for the 11-1 Tigers. Conway next faces Spring Valley in the state playoffs.
• Russell Brown, Lehigh High School, Lehigh Acres, Fla. — Played wide receiver for the 3-6 Lightning this season, had seven receptions for 66 yards and a touchdown in four games. Also had 17 tackles and two sacks on defense.
• Maurquel Dillard, Stranahan High School, Fort Lauderdale, Fla. — Played multiple positions for the Mighty Dragons who ended their season at 6-5-1.
• Roderic Forts, Cedar Grove High School, Ellenwood, Ga. — Playing defensive line, has an interception, 50 tackles – 17 1/2 for a loss – and 8 1/2 sacks for the 9-0 Saints. Cedar Grove hosts Adairsville this week in the first round of the state playoffs.
• Spencer Gaddis, Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, Ga. — Has 35 receptions for 494 yards and six touchdowns for the 9-1 Raiders. Also has six carries for 32 yards and 53 yards on kickoff returns. Alpharetta hosts Gainesville in the first round of the state playoffs this week.
• Troy Ingle, American Heritage High School, Plantation, Fla. — Playing offensive line for the 9-0 Patriots, AHHS hosts Merritt Island this week in the state playoffs.
• Tre Leslie, Tucker High School, Tucker, Ga. — Has 24 tackles – five for a loss – for the 8-1 Tigers. THS hosts Lakeside-Evans in the first round of the state playoffs this week.
• Malik Occiur, Northeast High School, Oakland Park, Fla. — Played linebacker and safety this season for the Hurricanes who went 3-7.
• Jayden Patterson, Mountain View High School, Lawrenceville, Ga. — At cornerback, has 26 tackles, three interceptions, a fumble recovery and 12 passes defended for the 8-2 Bears. Mountain View travels to South Forsyth this week in the state playoffs.
• Deporess Schletty, Alpharetta High School, Alpharetta, Ga. — The defensive lineman has 10 tackles and two sacks in five games for the 8-1 Raiders. Alpharetta hosts Gainesville in the first round of the state playoffs this week.
• Sam Stovall, Notre Dame High School, Chattanooga, Tenn. — Playing offensive line, the Fighting Irish are 9-1 this season and host Grace in the state playoffs this weekend.
• Nazir Sy, Norcross High School, Norcross, Ga. — The defensive lineman has 59 tackles – 16 for a loss – and two sacks for the 5-5 Blue Devils. Norcross travels to Grayson this week in the state playoffs.
• Lichon Terrell, Callaway High School, Hogansville, Ga. — Playing defensive line for the 9-1 Cavaliers, CHS hosts Douglass this week in the state playoffs.
• Trevez Traynor, Doss High School — Has played in three games for the 8-3 Dragons. Doss faces Montgomery County this week in the second round of the state playoffs.
• Trey Urquhart, North Cobb High School, Kennesaw, Ga. — Playing linebacker and running back for the 6-4 Warriors, NCHS travels to Walton in the first round of the state playoffs this week.
• Kawan Williams, Beach High School, Savannah, Ga. — Went 40-for-90 passing for 810 yards and 11 touchdowns with two interceptions, had 29 carries for 199 yards and five scores, six receptions for 123 yards and two TDs, 119 kickoff return yards, 95 punt return yards and 14 tackles for the 5-4 Bulldogs. Williams scored the lone touchdown for BHS over the course of two mini-playoff games – both losses – which eliminated the Bulldogs from the state playoffs.
• Mario Wright, Homewood-Flossmoor High School, Flossmoor, Ill. — Played linebacker for the Vikings who went 9-2 this season.
— Follow WBKO sportswriter Chad Bishop on Twitter @MrChadBishop