ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 91 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBKO Television broadcasts signals for ABC, FOX and CW. We are the dominant local news leader offering four hours of news daily. Our vision statement: To be the undisputed leader of local content, community service and customer success. Our mission statement: We seek to develop employees committed to excellence in local news, entertainment and community service.
WBKO offers employees flexibility to learn other jobs; cutting edge equipment; opportunity to work with live news; Emmy and AP award winning mentors; encouragement to volunteer for community service. Over the last 12 years, the station has helped the community raise more than seven million dollars for St. Jude Children’s Hospital and Research Center.
• Studio Production
• Master Control Switching
• Set-up of video equipment
• Recording programming
• Satellite downlink operation
• Basic remote transmitter
• Ingest programming and advertising into automation system.
• Direct live newscast following station guidelines.
• Work with news producers to determine best use of graphics and coordination of live shots.
• Monitor all on-air streams.
• Assist in maintenance and upkeep of work environment
• Responsible for studio set up
• Prior broadcast or video experience preferred but training is
• Must be able to perform accurately under pressure of live
• Must have developed and displayed responsible work habits with
• Able to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure.
• Must be able to work flexible days, hours and holidays.
• Some Adobe, Photoshop and Premiere Pro knowledge a plus