ABOUT GRAY TELEVISION:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. We own and operate leading media outlets in over 50 markets throughout the country – all delivering the news, weather, sports and entertainment that millions of our neighbors count on every day. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WBKO Television broadcasts signals for ABC, FOX and CW. We are the dominant local news leader offering four hours of news daily. Our vision statement: To be the undisputed leader of local content, community service and customer success. Our mission statement: We seek to develop employees committed to excellence in local news, entertainment and community service.
WBKO offers employees flexibility to learn other jobs; cutting edge equipment; opportunity to work with live news; Emmy and AP award winning mentors; encouragement to volunteer for community service. Over the last 12 years, the station has helped the community raise more than seven million dollars for St. Jude Children’s Hospital and Research Center.
• Studio Production
• Master Control Switching
• Set-up of video equipment
• Recording programming
• Satellite downlink operation
• Basic remote transmitter
• Ingest programming and advertising into automation system.
• Direct live newscast following station guidelines.
• Work with news producers to determine best use of graphics and
coordination of live shots that will complement the stories
included in each newscast.
• Monitor all on-air streams for ABC, FOX and CW.
• Assist in maintenance and upkeep of work environment
• Responsible for studio set up
• Prior broadcast or video experience preferred but training is
• Must be able to perform accurately under pressure of live
• Must have developed and displayed responsible work habits with
• Able to handle moderate to high stress and deadline pressure.
• Must be able to work flexible days, hours and holidays.
• A basic knowledge with cameras and lighting a plus.
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
**WBKO is an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the application process. This process includes a pre-employment drug test and motor vehicle record check.
***Gray Television participates in E-verify.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WBKO’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Deadline for receiving applications: Until position filled.