Duke vs. Tennessee Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Saturday's contest at Amway Center has the Tennessee Volunteers (24-10) matching up with the Duke Blue Devils (27-8) at 2:40 PM ET (on March 18). Our computer prediction projects a narrow 67-65 victory for Tennessee, so it should be a tight matchup.
Based on our computer prediction, Tennessee is projected to cover the point spread (3.5) against Duke. The two sides are expected to eclipse the 128.5 over/under.
Duke vs. Tennessee Game Info & Odds
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 2:40 PM ET
- TV: CBS
- Where: Orlando, Florida
- Venue: Amway Center
- Line: Duke -3.5
- Point Total: 128.5
- Moneyline (To Win): Duke -175, Tennessee +145
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
Duke vs. Tennessee Score Prediction
- Prediction: Tennessee 67, Duke 65
Spread & Total Prediction for Duke vs. Tennessee
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
Duke is 16-18-0 against the spread this season compared to Tennessee's 16-16-0 ATS record. A total of 13 out of the Blue Devils' games this season have hit the over, and 14 of the Volunteers' games have gone over. The teams score an average of 144 points per game, 15.5 more points than this matchup's total. Duke is 7-3 against the spread and 10-0 overall over its last 10 contests, while Tennessee has gone 4-6 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
Duke Performance Insights
- The Blue Devils are outscoring opponents by 9.0 points per game with a +315 scoring differential overall. They put up 72.6 points per game (156th in college basketball) and give up 63.6 per outing (30th in college basketball).
- Duke wins the rebound battle by an average of 8.1 boards. It is pulling down 35.9 rebounds per game (14th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 27.8 per outing.
- Duke makes 6.8 three-pointers per game (237th in college basketball), while its opponents have made 6.2 on average.
- The Blue Devils rank 100th in college basketball with 96.8 points scored per 100 possessions, and 28th in college basketball defensively with 84.8 points conceded per 100 possessions.
- Duke has committed 11.4 turnovers per game (132nd in college basketball action) while forcing 10.5 (304th in college basketball).
Tennessee Performance Insights
- The Volunteers outscore opponents by 13.5 points per game (posting 71.4 points per game, 184th in college basketball, and conceding 57.9 per outing, third in college basketball) and have a +457 scoring differential.
- Tennessee wins the rebound battle by an average of 7.3 boards. It pulls down 35.6 rebounds per game (22nd in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 28.3.
- Tennessee connects on 7.7 three-pointers per game (135th in college basketball), 1.9 more than its opponents.
- Tennessee has won the turnover battle by 2.5 per game, committing 11.5 (142nd in college basketball) while forcing 14.0 (46th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.