UCLA vs. Northwestern Predictions & Picks: Spread, Total - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Saturday's contest features the UCLA Bruins (30-5) and the Northwestern Wildcats (22-11) clashing at Golden 1 Center (on March 18) at 8:40 PM ET. This matchup, according to our computer prediction, will result in a 71-61 win for UCLA.
Based on our computer prediction, UCLA projects to cover the 7.5-point spread in its matchup versus Northwestern. The total has been set at 126.5, and the two teams are projected to hit the over.
UCLA vs. Northwestern Game Info & Odds
- Date: Saturday, March 18, 2023
- Time: 8:40 PM ET
- TV: TNT
- Where: Sacramento, California
- Venue: Golden 1 Center
- Line: UCLA -7.5
- Point Total: 126.5
- Moneyline (To Win): UCLA -375, Northwestern +290
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM, the King of Sportsbooks!
UCLA vs. Northwestern Score Prediction
- Prediction: UCLA 71, Northwestern 61
Spread & Total Prediction for UCLA vs. Northwestern
- Pick ATS:
- Pick OU:
UCLA has a 17-15-0 record against the spread this season compared to Northwestern, who is 17-12-0 ATS. The Bruins have a 16-16-0 record hitting the over, while games involving the Wildcats have a record of 11-18-0 when it comes to hitting the over. The two teams average 142.2 points per game, 15.7 more points than this matchup's total. UCLA is 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall in its past 10 games, while Northwestern has gone 7-3 against the spread and 6-4 overall.
Put your picks to the test and bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook.
UCLA Performance Insights
- The Bruins average 74.3 points per game (118th in college basketball) while giving up 60.1 per outing (sixth in college basketball). They have a +496 scoring differential overall and outscore opponents by 14.2 points per game.
- UCLA ranks 119th in college basketball at 32.6 rebounds per game. That's 3.7 more than the 28.9 its opponents average.
- UCLA knocks down 6.1 three-pointers per game (311th in college basketball) compared to its opponents' 6.5. It shoots 34.6% from deep while its opponents hit 31.1% from long range.
- The Bruins average 98.1 points per 100 possessions on offense (69th in college basketball), and give up 79.4 points per 100 possessions (fourth in college basketball).
- UCLA has typically won the turnover battle this season, committing 9.4 per game (10th in college basketball play) while forcing 15.0 (23rd in college basketball).
Northwestern Performance Insights
- The Wildcats put up 67.9 points per game (274th in college basketball) while allowing 62.6 per contest (18th in college basketball). They have a +174 scoring differential and outscore opponents by 5.3 points per game.
- Northwestern grabs 32.1 rebounds per game (157th in college basketball), compared to the 32.0 of its opponents.
- Northwestern connects on 7.7 three-pointers per game (134th in college basketball), while its opponents have made 7.5 on average.
- Northwestern has come out ahead in the turnover battle by 4.4 per game, committing 9.1 (seventh in college basketball) while forcing 13.5 (68th in college basketball).
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.