Cardinals vs. Reds: Odds, spread, over/under - May 24
Steven Matz will take the mound for the St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) on Wednesday, May 24 versus the Cincinnati Reds (20-28), who will answer with Ben Lively. The first pitch will be thrown at 6:40 PM ET at Great American Ball Park.
The Reds are +135 moneyline underdogs in this matchup with the favored Cardinals (-160). The contest's over/under has been set at 11 runs.
Cardinals vs. Reds Time and TV Channel
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Probable Pitchers: Matz - STL (0-5, 5.05 ERA) vs Lively - CIN (1-2, 2.45 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Take a look at the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup available at several sportsbooks.
|Cardinals Moneyline||Reds Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-165||+140||-||10.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-160||+135||-||11||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-149||+130||-||11||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-160||+140||Cardinals (-1.5)||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Wanting to put money on the Cardinals and Reds game but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick primer. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Cardinals (-160), for instance -- will win. It's that simple! If the Cardinals bring home the win, and you bet $10, you'd get $16.25 back.
Plus, there are lots of other ways to play, like player props (will Nolan Gorman hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from multiple games to multiply your winnings), and more. For more details on the many different ways you can play, check out the BetMGM website and app.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|Cardinals vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
Cardinals vs. Reds Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cardinals have entered the game as favorites 26 times this season and won 12, or 46.2%, of those games.
- In games they have played as moneyline favorites with odds of -160 or shorter, the Cardinals have a record of 6-8 (42.9%).
- The implied probability of a win from St. Louis, based on the moneyline, is 61.5%.
- The Cardinals were favored on the moneyline in five of their last 10 games, and they went 3-2 in those matchups.
- In its last 10 matchups (all had set totals), St. Louis combined with its opponents to hit the over on the total six times.
- The Reds have been chosen as underdogs in 35 games this year and have walked away with the win 13 times (37.1%) in those games.
- This season, the Reds have been victorious six times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +135 or worse on the moneyline.
- In nine games as underdogs over the last 10 matchups, the Reds have a record of 3-6.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
Cardinals vs. Reds Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Lars Nootbaar||0.5 (-227)||1.5 (+120)||0.5 (+400)||0.5 (+175)|
|Brendan Donovan||0.5 (-250)||1.5 (+135)||0.5 (+675)||0.5 (+200)|
|Paul Goldschmidt||1.5 (+195)||1.5 (-105)||0.5 (+250)||0.5 (+125)|
|Nolan Arenado||1.5 (+185)||1.5 (+100)||0.5 (+333)||0.5 (+125)|
|Willson Contreras||1.5 (+195)||1.5 (+110)||0.5 (+425)||0.5 (+155)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cardinals, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cardinals Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+3000||13th||2nd|
|Win NL Central||+190||-||2nd|
Think the Cardinals can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for St. Louis and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.