Cardinals vs. Reds Probable Starting Pitchers Today - May 24
Paul Goldschmidt leads the St. Louis Cardinals (22-28) into a contest against the Cincinnati Reds (20-28) following his two-homer outing in an 8-5 victory over the Reds. It starts at 6:40 PM ET on Wednesday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Cardinals will send Steven Matz (0-5) to the mound, while Ben Lively (1-2) will answer the bell for the Reds.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM
Cardinals vs. Reds Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2023
- Time: 6:40 PM ET
- TV: BSOH
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Venue: Great American Ball Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Matz - STL (0-5, 5.05 ERA) vs Lively - CIN (1-2, 2.45 ERA)
Watch live MLB games on all your devices! Sign up now for a free trial to Fubo!
Explore More About This Game
|Cardinals vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cardinals vs Reds Player Props|
|Cardinals vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cardinals vs Reds|
|Cardinals vs Reds Odds|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Steven Matz
- Matz (0-5) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up no earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 2/3 innings against the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 5.05 ERA this season with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.5 walks per nine across nine games.
- Matz has not earned a quality start in nine starts this season.
- Matz has seven starts of five or more innings this season in nine chances. He averages 5.1 innings per outing.
Try FanDuel Fantasy today with our link and make your perfect team!
Reds Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Ben Lively
- Lively (1-2) takes the mound first for the Reds to make his second start of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings against the New York Yankees, giving up two earned runs while surrendering two hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of only .175 against him this season. He has a 2.45 ERA and 8.2 strikeouts per nine innings over his three appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.