Cardinals vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 23
The St. Louis Cardinals (67-87) hope to break their four-game losing run versus the San Diego Padres (76-78), at 8:40 PM ET on Saturday.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Padres will send Nick Martinez (5-4) to the mound, while Jake Woodford (2-2) will take the ball for the Cardinals.
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cardinals vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Time: 8:40 PM ET
- TV: SDPA
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Martinez - SD (5-4, 3.73 ERA) vs Woodford - STL (2-2, 5.31 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Padres vs Cardinals Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Cardinals Prediction|
|How to Watch Padres vs Cardinals|
|Padres vs Cardinals Odds|
Cardinals Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jake Woodford
- Woodford (2-2 with a 5.31 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 42 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Cardinals, his seventh of the season.
- In his last time out -- out of the bullpen on Tuesday -- the right-hander threw 2 2/3 scoreless innings against the Milwaukee Brewers while surrendering one hit.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 5.31, with 6 strikeouts per nine innings in 13 games this season. Opponents have a .304 batting average against him.
- Woodford has not registered a quality start on the season.
- Woodford will try to record his fourth game of five or more innings pitched this season. He's averaging 3.2 innings per appearance.
- In five of his 13 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Nick Martínez
- The Padres will hand the ball to Martinez (5-4) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander's last start was on Sunday, when he tossed three innings without allowing a run on one hit in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.73, a 2.71 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.283 in 61 games this season.
- He has started seven games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- In seven starts, Martinez has pitched through or past the fifth inning three times. He has a season average of 1.7 frames per outing.
- If he manages to end his start without allowing an earned run, he'd extend his streak of appearances with no earned runs to three.
Nick Martínez vs. Cardinals
- The Cardinals are batting .251 this season, 14th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .419 (12th in the league) with 205 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Cardinals one time this season, allowing them to go 0-for-3 in one inning.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.