Phillies vs. Marlins Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - NL Wild Card Game 2
Wednesday's contest between the Philadelphia Phillies (90-72) and Miami Marlins (84-78) matching up at Citizens Bank Park has a projected final score of 5-4 (based on our computer prediction) in favor of the Phillies, so it should be a tight matchup. The game will start at 8:08 PM ET on October 4.
The probable pitchers are Aaron Nola (12-9) for the Phillies and Braxton Garrett (9-7) for the Marlins.
Phillies vs. Marlins Game Info & Odds
- When: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 8:08 PM ET
- Where: Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Marlins Score Prediction
Our prediction for this game is Phillies 5, Marlins 4.
Total Prediction for Phillies vs. Marlins
- Total Prediction: Over 8 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|DraftKings||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 In bonus bets instantly!|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
Discover More About This Game
Phillies Performance Insights
- The Phillies have played as the favorite in seven of their past 10 games and won six of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Philadelphia and its opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- There has not been a spread set for any of the Phillies' last 10 games.
- The Phillies have been favorites in 106 games this season and won 64 (60.4%) of those contests.
- Philadelphia has a record of 34-19, a 64.2% win rate, when favored by -150 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia has scored the eighth-most runs in the majors this season with 796.
- The Phillies have a 4.04 team ERA that ranks 11th among all league pitching staffs.
Marlins Performance Insights
- The Marlins have played as the underdog in six of their past 10 games and have gone 3-3 in those contests.
- In its previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, Miami and its opponents are 5-4-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
- Bookmakers have not posted a runline in any of the Marlins' past 10 games.
- The Marlins have won in 40, or 46.5%, of the 86 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- Miami has a win-loss record of 12-19 when favored by +125 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- The offense for Miami is No. 26 in baseball scoring 4.1 runs per game (666 total runs).
- The Marlins have the 16th-ranked ERA (4.26) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 28||Pirates||L 3-2||Zack Wheeler vs Luis Ortiz|
|September 30||@ Mets||L 4-3||Taijuan Walker vs Tylor Megill|
|September 30||@ Mets||L 11-4||Michael Plassmeyer vs José Quintana|
|October 1||@ Mets||W 9-1||Matt Strahm vs Jose Butto|
|October 3||Marlins||W 4-1||Zack Wheeler vs Jesús Luzardo|
|October 4||Marlins||-||Aaron Nola vs Braxton Garrett|
|September 29||@ Pirates||W 4-3||Edward Cabrera vs Osvaldo Bido|
|September 30||@ Pirates||W 7-3||JT Chargois vs Quinn Priester|
|October 1||@ Pirates||L 3-0||Ryan Weathers vs Andre Jackson|
|October 2||@ Mets||L 1-0||Jesús Luzardo vs David Peterson|
|October 3||@ Phillies||L 4-1||Jesús Luzardo vs Zack Wheeler|
|October 4||@ Phillies||-||Braxton Garrett vs Aaron Nola|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.