Phillies vs. Marlins NL Wild Card Game 2 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 4
The Philadelphia Phillies are at home for Game 2 of the NL Wild Card Series versus the Miami Marlins, Wednesday at 8:08 PM ET. The Phillies lead the series 1-0 as they try to move on to the NLDS.
The Phillies will give the nod to Aaron Nola (12-9, 4.46 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Marlins will turn to Braxton Garrett (9-7, 3.66 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Phillies vs. Marlins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 8:08 PM ET
- TV: ESPN
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Venue: Citizens Bank Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Nola - PHI (12-9, 4.46 ERA) vs Garrett - MIA (9-7, 3.66 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Aaron Nola
- Nola (12-9) will take to the mound for the Phillies and make his 33rd start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday, Sept. 26, when he gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in 6 2/3 innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in 32 games this season with an ERA of 4.46, a 4.49 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.157.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he'll earn his third consecutive quality start.
- Nola has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- He has three appearances this season with zero earned runs allowed out of his 32 chances this season.
Aaron Nola vs. Marlins
- The Marlins rank 26th in MLB with 666 runs scored this season. They have a .258 batting average this campaign with 166 home runs (22nd in the league).
- The Marlins have gone 24-for-72 with seven doubles, a triple, five home runs and 12 RBI in three games against the right-hander this season.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Braxton Garrett
- Garrett goes for his 10th victory when he makes the start for the Marlins, his 31st of the season. He is 9-7 with a 3.66 ERA and 156 strikeouts in 159 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Wednesday, Sept. 27 against the New York Mets, the left-hander went four innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- The 26-year-old has amassed a 3.66 ERA and 8.8 strikeouts per nine innings over 31 games this season, while giving up a batting average of .250 to his opponents.
- Garrett heads into this game with 10 quality starts under his belt this season.
- Garrett will look to record his 24th game of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- He has had seven appearances this season that he held his opponents to zero earned runs.
Braxton Garrett vs. Phillies
- He meets a Phillies offense that ranks eighth in the league with 796 total runs scored while batting .256 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .438 slugging percentage (fifth in MLB play) and has hit a total of 220 home runs (eighth in the league).
- Garrett has pitched 10 innings, giving up six earned runs on 12 hits while striking out eight against the Phillies this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.